Wednesday 13 April 2011

digitally printed fabrics

I am so happy right now! I finally got my digitally printed fabrics, well some of them but the rest are on their way! I did however spend three hours of my life hair drying 10 metres of fabric! I am lucky I haven't caused myself to have repetitive strain injury. I still have another 15 metres to dry. For all of you that are wondering why I didn't just throw them into the tumble dryer, digitally printed fabric once printed is steamed to fix the colour and then you have to wash the excess colour out on a cold wash in the washing machine. However due to shrinkage (sometimes up to 10% of original fabric size) you should avoid the tumble dryer at all costs as it may shrink it further. Here are some photos I took whilst in the middle of drying them.






There are still another 15 metres to go! watch this space.

1 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks AMAZING!! Beautiful patterns. I love!

Post a Comment