Wednesday 9 March 2011

final project

I started to experiment further with my designs yesterday. Only just having time as I am trying to keep up with my portfolio at the same time. The images below are of my work and of my messy work space! Just thought that I would share this delight with all my readers! :)


The above image has been digitally printed onto silk twill. Such a luxurious fabric texture. I have then used another screen to print adhesive glue onto the black hair and the red lips.


Using flock the sample went under the heatpress for 20 seconds for the glue to adhere to it and this was my result. I am very happy with this result apart from some minute areas not getting the coverage I wanted like the face on the left hand side. Her lips have too much coverage. However that can be sorted with some beading or some fancy stitching!


My next five samples include cut out work onto leather. Here I have used polyester leather to just give an effect of what I want to achieve at a larger scale. The tracing paper attached to the piece of fabric is for me to know where I need to cut.


This is what it looks like so far!!


Juts one page from my sketchbook to give you a brief idea of what I am doing right now.



Last but not least some images of my messy, messy desk! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment