Saturday 5 March 2011

mcqueen

Still carrying on with my trip to London there was a lovely sales assistant in Libertys who offered to model an Alexander Mcqueen scarf for me. I am not entirely sure if scarf is the right word to use for this item as it was so versatile.

The georgette scarf when picked up had discreet armholes and a neck seam so the owner could wear it as a shrug. The below image is of the back of the scarf. To me when I first saw the scarf it looked like a kaleidascope slash a rorschach print, highlighting lightening and a storm. But upon a second look and the clear photograph I still think that but rather a stag than lightening.


The great thing about this Mcqueen scarf is that "one size fits all" so you do not need to be a skinny minnie to enjoy wearing this luxurious seamed of fabric.


A snood (double scarf).


As a knotted scarf. Whilst customers were purchasing their scarves each was given a complimentary knotting card showing them how to go about using their scarf in different way; retailing at £15. I did cheekily request if I could have one as part of my research purposes but obviously got denied.


0 comments:

Post a Comment